Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Help with cluster lights. 03 Express 3500

Search this Thread

Old March 6th, 2012, 4:38 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Help with cluster lights. 03 Express 3500

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forums and this seems to be a pretty cool place. I have experience with a few other car forums, so this all looks pretty familiar.

I need some help with my express 3500 15 passenger van. The cluster lights wont come on and have been out for some time.

The dealership replaced the fuse and it continued to break. They reworked the wiring and we able to get it to stop breaking the fuse, but could not get the lights to come back on.

I'm at the point of taking the cluster out and trying to replace the bulbs themselves. I was wondering if anyone has any idea of what bulbs are back there and where to get them? and if anyone new the specific fuse number for the cluster lights so i can check to see if the fuse has blown again.

thanks for the help.

Kevin
Old March 11th, 2012, 3:39 PM
mcs
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Keven, we seem to have the same troubles with our trucks, most of my cluster lights went out as well, I looked in to replacing them and was told it was a sealed cluster, no bulbs, grabbed one from the wreckers for $70 bucks, priced it @ the dealers for $300.

easy fix if you go that route the whole dash has to come out, you might want to drop the steering column,, two bolts underneath the column, it will drop it just enough to slide in real easy.

good luck and I'll post the out come of my low idle troubles when i figure it out !!

mcs