Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Installed new anti theft module, won't start now. Need help!

Search this Thread

Old January 29th, 2022, 5:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed new anti theft module, won't start now. Need help!

Hi I have a 2009 Chevy Express 2500 4.8L cargo van. It was broken into and vandalized as if stealing all my tools wasn't t enough haha! The anti theft control module ( the black plastic module that has the antenna that goes around the ignition lock cylinder where you insert the key)was torn off of the steering column and laying on floor so I patched it up and turned the key on for ten minutes then the security light went off and I repeated two more times but the battery died and so I got a new one and still nothing. Can someone please help, it's the only transportation I have right now and I can't work without it. Thanks for any constructive input
Old February 1st, 2022, 3:28 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts

This might require a high end scan tool to get into to check if it's working and reset it.

Also, look at some van door padlock mounts. I saw a lot of them on vans when we were in Indianapolis, they bolt to the doors (or weld) and have a shield over the top so a padlock is protected and keeps the doors closed even if they break the plastic handles out.