Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Theft deterrent system issue

Search this Thread

Old December 10th, 2019, 9:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Theft deterrent system issue

My truck anti theft deterrent system activated and would not allow car to start. After tinkering with the system 3 days and inspecting parts and wires I had it towed to dealer for diagnostics. The mechanic says I need the theft deterrent module replaced. I asked if the module is the one located around the ignition switch (i have been researching online all weekend and even took panels off to see the part beforehand). He says no it is the entire module thats under the dash. When my fiance asked if it is located behind the radio compartment he said yes. Well I have researched a lot and only see that there is a theft control module which is by the ignition which ties in to I believe the bcm which is located under the drivers dash panel where my parking break release and steering column is. So what is located behind the radio? Is there some other module I am not seeing? I have a 2007 chevy tahoe ltz 5.3L v8 flex. I feel like I am being lied to and just told any and everything. His responses are very vague and I am someone who wants to know exactly what my money goes to. The part number he gave me for what he said has to be replaced is in fact the theft control module that attaches to the ignition cylinder. Can someone guve me a diagram of the entire Passkey 3 system in a chevy tahoe? Is it tied directly to the BCM as I thought? And if that is replaced does it require relearning the key with a scan tool or can the key be relearned by the 10 minute increments relearn method repeating 3 times?