Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Le Moose

Search this Thread

Old April 11th, 2018 | 5:02 AM
CF Active Member

my van is sidelined untill I figure out installing the distributer

using the 97x excellent tow vehcle
Attached Thumbnails Le Moose-97x-boat.jpg   Le Moose-tow-vehicle-rinseoff.jpg   Le Moose-tow-vehicle1.jpg   Le Moose-tow-vehicle5.jpg  

Last edited by the Brain; April 11th, 2018 at 5:07 AM.
Old April 22nd, 2018 | 2:48 PM
CF Veteran

Default Finally!

After months of procrastination, bad weather, and the energy just not being right, I got out to work on Le Moose today. 66 degrees, sunny. The task I chose for today was to work on the window shades. I think the name for this stuff is Reflectix. I don't know because I'm too cheap to buy it. The stuff I used is what Honey Baked Hams come wrapped in, inside those styrofoam coolers. We used to get those as gifts, and being the consummate pack rat, I saved them. I made a set for my Astro, back in the day.

So, you may remember last September, I only had a couple weeks to build the bed for this van's first camp out. I threw together some of these quick and dirty for the rear and rear side windows. Today, I fixed the mistakes I made on the first ones, and then cut ones for the rest of the windows in the back. I may make two for the front windows, as I do have just enough material to do them, but another day for that. On the ones for the Astro, I used black contact paper for the side with the Honey Baked Ham advertising side, but couldn't find any more, so I decided on a thick shelf liner material and spray adhesive. So, it's blackout on one side, and reflective "chrome" on the other I only got enough of the liner stuff to do one window(oops!), but I've started. I figure two more packages of the liner should do it. That ring on the corner was where I had a bucket holding it so it didn't blow away. It should disappear. It's already not as bad as it was.
Attached Thumbnails Le Moose-dsc01534.jpg   Le Moose-dsc01532.jpg   Le Moose-dsc01533.jpg  
Old April 28th, 2018 | 5:06 AM
CF Pro Member

If you get hungry when laying down after you put your shades up..
you know why.... lol
the good smell of honey baked ham..
all teasin aside.. thats a great use of what others would have
just thrown away.... materials
tell us how they worked out for you ....
Old April 28th, 2018 | 8:15 AM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by StanVan
After months of procrastination, bad weather, and the energy just not being right, I got out to work on Le Moose today. 66 degrees, sunny. The task I chose for today was to work on the window shades. I think the name for this stuff is Reflectix. I don't know because I'm too cheap to buy it. The stuff I used is what Honey Baked Hams come wrapped in, inside those styrofoam coolers. We used to get those as gifts, and being the consummate pack rat, I saved them. I made a set for my Astro, back in the day.

So, you may remember last September, I only had a couple weeks to build the bed for this van's first camp out. I threw together some of these quick and dirty for the rear and rear side windows. Today, I fixed the mistakes I made on the first ones, and then cut ones for the rest of the windows in the back. I may make two for the front windows, as I do have just enough material to do them, but another day for that. On the ones for the Astro, I used black contact paper for the side with the Honey Baked Ham advertising side, but couldn't find any more, so I decided on a thick shelf liner material and spray adhesive. So, it's blackout on one side, and reflective "chrome" on the other I only got enough of the liner stuff to do one window(oops!), but I've started. I figure two more packages of the liner should do it. That ring on the corner was where I had a bucket holding it so it didn't blow away. It should disappear. It's already not as bad as it was.
Stan looks good.

I had a expert mechanic friend to get vans distributer back in however we killed the battery turning her over the starter now seams kindof weak. will try again soon.

Stan my last GOM expedition I actually heard someone talking on the marine VHS wasn't sure who it was talking I think when I tryed to interupt there conversation they went silent. so at least I know my VHS works kindof even w. the crumie antenna.
Old May 11th, 2018 | 11:58 PM
CF Veteran

Okay, I got a few things done today. I ran power to the rear of the van , and installed a cig socket to charge a phone bedside. I built bedside LED lamps out of mahogany. And also, a "night stand" of sorts. It is made from re-purposed tongue and groove knotty pine.
Attached Thumbnails Le Moose-dsc01536.jpg   Le Moose-img_20180511_203131055.jpg   Le Moose-dsc01538.jpg   Le Moose-dsc01537.jpg  
Old May 12th, 2018 | 2:17 AM
CF Beginner

Wow!!!! The door and rear roof speakers are powered by the head unit
Wonderful!!
Watching me
Old May 12th, 2018 | 6:42 AM
CF Pro Member

You have been busy...
great job.... looks very nice....
Old May 12th, 2018 | 7:06 AM
CF Active Member

woods appears to have been varnished nice.
Old May 12th, 2018 | 8:11 AM
CF Veteran

I used Minwax Helmsman polyurethane, 3 coats
Old May 12th, 2018 | 9:07 PM
CF Active Member

Looking Great!