Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Looking for a replacement front seat 2006 Chevrolet Express van

Search this Thread

Old April 6th, 2022, 11:41 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a replacement front seat 2006 Chevrolet Express van

I've searched the world over for a replacement front seat for a 2006 Chevrolet Express van. I don't want nor need new, it has over 300k miles on it. Yeah I know trash it right? Uhm...no. I just need a front seat, nothing fancy. The existing seat is being held with duct tape. lol. Our retired tech knew how to "keep things together". I've tried salvage yards like 9 or 10. I know Amazon, Ebay and the dealership have them in stock, but I'm not trying to pay a "brand new" price for a used van. Please let me know if you there's a used seat fairy that I can swap or negotiate with. Thanks in advance!
Old April 6th, 2022, 1:23 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chasing one myself one of these days, these seats get destroyed quickly, rare to find a used one in decent condition.
Considered a seat cover instead?
Old April 6th, 2022, 1:29 PM
CF Beginner

Seat cover would be good but it's the seat base/seat mount? the part under the seat that holds it down.....that's what being held together with duct tape.
Old April 7th, 2022, 3:43 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts

Seats without an armrest are identical side for side. Just hit up a junkyard for a passenger seat.

I mean I could go to my you pull yard and probably come out with a dozen if I wanted.

As an added bonus you can convert it to power if you find a conversion van with the power seats, and it doesn't raise the seat height up like on previous generations of van.
Old April 7th, 2022, 7:27 AM
CF Monarch

Received 354 Likes on 335 Posts

Take the covers off of your seat and weld the broken pieces back together. You may even have to add some braces. I have done it before and it works.
Old April 7th, 2022, 9:25 AM
CF Beginner

I have hit all junkyards available to man...ok the ones in the Phoenix area. But no one has the part...seat nor mount. It's like pulling teeth from a ghost
Old April 7th, 2022, 9:28 AM
CF Beginner

Welding is starting to sound like the best thing to do. At least to secure it. Not sure how much longer that duct tape is going to last
Old April 7th, 2022, 9:30 AM
CF Beginner

Sorry replied to someone else ...meant this reply for you.

Welding is starting to sound like the best thing to do. At least to secure it. Not sure how much longer that duct tape is going to hold
Old April 7th, 2022, 10:19 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 95 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by simplyme
I have hit all junkyards available to man...ok the ones in the Phoenix area. But no one has the part...seat nor mount. It's like pulling teeth from a ghost
have you tried car-part.com or a corporate wrecker like LKQ?
Old April 7th, 2022, 10:23 AM
CF Beginner

No, I haven't but I definitely will. Thanks for the suggestions. Keep your fingers crossed and I'll be back to advise on outcome.

Quick Reply: Looking for a replacement front seat 2006 Chevrolet Express van