Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Moving seats in a 15 passenger?

Search this Thread

Old January 21st, 2022, 2:12 AM
Super Moderator

Received 677 Likes on 613 Posts

get rails at junkyard
bolt them up
Old January 21st, 2022, 3:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mountainmanjoe
get rails at junkyard
bolt them up
I'm thinking that would probably be the best way, right? If I just replaced the inner partial rails with outer full rails from a junkyard I'd be able to put the split bench seats in any of the four rows, right?

I'd like that for maximum flexibility. I could have any of the following:
- A six passenger van in two rows (2-4) with massive cargo area behind the second row (I think I could fit 4x8 plywood behind the six seats)
- An eight passenger van in three rows (2-2-4) {would require an extra 1/2 split bench} This is idea for kids. I could have a 1/2 bench in row two behind the driver, a four-seat split bench in row three, and a humongous area to get in and buckle up kids right at the side door.
- A nine passenger van in three rows (2-3-4)
- A 12 passenger van in four rows (2-3-3-4)
- A 15 passenger van in five rows (2-3-3-3-4)
- It would probably be illegal but I could theoretically also have a 16 passenger van in five rows (2-4-3-3-4) {would require an extra full split bench} I think the row 3-5 passengers could enter at the side door behind row-2 and thus wouldn't need the narrower 3-seat bench in row-2 to get around.
Old July 4th, 2024, 6:48 PM
CF Beginner

Hi - Not trying to hijack the thread but this is the closest topic I've found to what I'm looking for. I might buy a 2019 Chevrolet Express LT 3500 extended passenger van, but I'm having trouble finding whether all the seats behind the driver/front passenger seats are easily removable. I see the very back row can be removed but I'm not clear how easy it is to remove the remaining back passenger seats. Not looking to re-arrange the seats, just take them out (and store them in our garage). I used to own an old Dodge 15 passenger van and it was easy to unlatch all the back seats and take them out, I was hoping it was similar with the Chevy. Does anyone know if it's easy to remove those seats or does it require some professional work (which I'm not capable of). Thanks for any help.
Old July 4th, 2024, 6:51 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 106 Likes on 93 Posts

The bench seats all unlatch easily. The back seat is the easiest to take out because it is in two pieces which are easier to move. The other seats are heavier but just as simple to unlatch.
The following users liked this post:
sean7777 (July 4th, 2024)
Old July 4th, 2024, 7:27 PM
CF Beginner

That's good news, very helpful thanks.