Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

My 94 G20 Camper Van

Search this Thread

Old August 25th, 2021, 1:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My 94 G20 Camper Van

Hi all, just joined up here since I am starting to dig into my old van which I picked up last year. Its a 94 G20 conversion, only 70000 miles, with a high top roof, and a fully decked out interior with a reclining sofa in the back. I recently took it for a two week road trip across the US and the van was excellent, ran perfectly for almost 7000 miles!
I am so impressed with this van that I've decided to really go through it and get it back to the condition it deserves to be in.

I replaced all four shocks before I left, but the rest of the suspension needs attention. I plan to essentially replace the entire front suspension with new parts, and upgrade to heavy duty springs front and rear in the process. Besides that it needs a lot of small things repaired, which I plan to pick away at as well.
Eventually I would like to customize the interior to make it a little more livable for my next trip, but I'm focusing on fixing existing issues for now.

The following users liked this post:
Uncle Rico (August 25th, 2021)
Old August 25th, 2021, 1:35 PM
CF Beginner

Here's some more pics of the old girl. These were taken during my trip. As I said, totally amazed at how well this beast handled everything I threw at it. New Hampshire to Idaho and back in two weeks. Not bad considering how little I had done to get it ready. A quick engine tune up and some new shocks and she was good to go. Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and start a thread to track my progress. Cheers

The following users liked this post:
Uncle Rico (August 25th, 2021)
Old August 27th, 2021, 10:15 AM
CF Beginner

One thing I'm trying to find is an OEM front grille assembly. The original from the van was broken so I replaced it with an aftermarket one. I am not satisfied with the quality of the replacement, and also the OEM replacement emblem which I just received does not fit properly on this chia-made replacement.

Is there anywhere that still sells the GM-made grilles, or am I out of luck? Maybe my best bet is trying a junk yard.
Old August 29th, 2021, 2:04 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts

Probably a junkyard. I think there's one on a van in the yard here, but I also seem to recall it was broken.