Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Picture request: 2003+ Express van gas pedal

Search this Thread

Old September 11th, 2011, 9:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picture request: 2003+ Express van gas pedal

I have a strange request of my fellow Express van owners out there. Could someone post up some pictures of their gas pedal, including the top portion where the cable connects, for their 2003+ Express van? I want to be able to compare a normally functioning pedal to mine.

Tonight I was doing some work under the dash and bumped the gas pedal a few times; nothing that should have been a problem. My girlfriend and I jumped in to go for a short drive and as I pulled out of my driveway, I lost my accelerator control (no resistance, couldn't speed up). I limped it back into the driveway and found that the little plastic collar that holds the cable to the top of the gas pedal arm was broken and the cable slipped out. I taped it back in and could drive it as-is but as I was manipulating the pedal, there seems to be A LOT of side-to-side play. It seems like too much movement. I'm wondering if there are other parts or pieces that are missing? I can understand a lot of up/down movement, but this thing seems like its flopping all over the place even when I put it back together. The van has 128,000 mi. and I just bought it last year, so I'm slowly sorting out small issues like this.

Thanks!