Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Power window - passenger side

Search this Thread

Old January 27th, 2022, 1:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power window - passenger side

The passenger side window won't close on my 2001 GMC Savana passenger van. It worked fine, then suddenly wouldn't close. No noise. Nothing. The body shop checked that power is there. They recommended replacing the motor and regulator. I agreed, but now they can't find the parts. It appears that the driver side motor/regulator is available but not the passenger side. They are going to pull the window up and tape it in place until the parts can be located.

Any suggestions on where to locate the parts?

Thanks in advance.
Old January 27th, 2022, 2:36 PM
CF Monarch

Received 363 Likes on 344 Posts

Welcome from Florida. I see that the regulator/motor is not available but the motor itself is available. Depending on what is wrong with yours, you might be able to replace the motor to fix your problem.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...dow+motor,1516
Old January 27th, 2022, 4:25 PM
CF Veteran

Received 226 Likes on 198 Posts

You could put power to your current motor to see if it's the problem. Could also be the driver's side door switch or a harness problem.
Old February 1st, 2022, 3:19 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts

Used, junkyard, you pull, test with a cordless power tool battery or with some leads off your battery before you leave. 1997-2002 should interchange, take the pigtail with it. I wouldn't be shocked if 03-07 also interchange.

Door panels on these mount oddly, after you remove the screws it has to slide up about an inch to come out of the connectors. If you pry it out like most conventional ones where they have snap in fasteners, you will break it. Ask me how I know. 03 up are not like this.