Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Pull out Tow mirrors

Search this Thread

Old February 13th, 2021, 8:44 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

how far do they project when not "out" (in comparison to oem). How far additionally do they pop out? Are they split glass like oem (top standard mirror, bottom smaller wide view, or no mirror yet?)
Old February 13th, 2021, 8:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Over the oem mirrors they project about 2-3 inches further, and pull out roughly 4 more inches. They are a split pane with a convex lower mirror. The main pane is roughly the size of the entire oem mirror.
Old February 15th, 2021, 1:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just to get an idea, let me know if you prefer the 2015-2019 style mirrors over the ones currently installed on the van. I'm currently planning the first batch (10-20 sets) and would like to hear your opinions on style and options (power, heat, signals.
Old February 16th, 2021, 9:50 AM
CF Active Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

For me, power and heat are important features, signals less-so, but they are a nice addition if it doesn't drive the price up too much.

Does anyone know if the van's wire harness for the mirrors includes wires for all options, even if the mirror doesn't have the capability (i.e. is there a wire for turn signal on the harness, even if the mirror doesn't have a light to produce the signal).
Old February 16th, 2021, 10:02 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Are the mirrors extended in your pics, I cant tell.

I like the 2015-2019 Silverado style mirror the best. I dont care much about mirror options but since I tow a lot I like the amber marker lights on the front side to help give the vehicle a bigger signature.
Old February 21st, 2021, 10:09 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kyle C.
Over the oem mirrors they project about 2-3 inches further, and pull out roughly 4 more inches. They are a split pane with a convex lower mirror. The main pane is roughly the size of the entire oem mirror.
Kyle,

I'm in need of something for my G3500 project. Will you have power mirrors available?
It's hard to see around this.

Tony

This is what I purchased for my G3500 Toy Hauler Project...

Last edited by G3500 Toy Hauler; February 21st, 2021 at 10:16 AM.
Old February 22nd, 2021, 9:26 AM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by G3500 Toy Hauler
It's hard to see around this.
This is what I purchased for my G3500 Toy Hauler Project...
If that is going to be a permanent addition to your project, you might be better served to go with non-telescoping mirrors (like these https://www.ebay.com/itm/Towing-Mirr...w/372250196465). Although, If Kyle is able to get them produced for less, that might be a motivator to go with his...
Old February 22nd, 2021, 10:54 AM
CF Junior Member

Default Pull out Tow mirrors

Originally Posted by GatorHawk24
If that is going to be a permanent addition to your project, you might be better served to go with non-telescoping mirrors (like these https://www.ebay.com/itm/Towing-Mirr...w/372250196465). Although, If Kyle is able to get them produced for less, that might be a motivator to go with his...
YES - It already is. I installed it last August and then had my friend make the frame brackets to safely mount it. Thank you. I'll have to look into those mirrors.
IF you want - Check out my Thread.
Before the end of this winter, I want to post the project from when I picked it up in 2018 and everything I've done until fall of last year.

FYI - Over the weekend I tried to upload an mp4 video with no such luck. So I stopped posting for now.
Old February 22nd, 2021, 11:04 AM
CF Junior Member

GatorHawk24,

I checked and those mirrors will not work or so the it say that they are not compatible with my 2001 G3500 Cutaway. They stop at the 2003 model.
This is the same problem I'm having trying to find a CENTER CONSOLE for the 6.5 turbo diesel doghouse.
I purchased my G3500 without a center console and did not realize HOW IMPORTANT they are! Grin
Old February 22nd, 2021, 12:08 PM
CF Active Member

Yeah, sorry about the mirror suggestion, I didn't see your other thread, to see that you have the previous body style) until after I posted my reply. I was half joking about the cab being "permanent" (I'm not really sure how or why it could/would ever be regularly removable option). I've been considering the mirrors in the link I sent, but I cant get over the cost of them. For how common these vans (and even the older G-series) are, I'm repeatedly surprised that there aren't more aftermarket options for them (and I'm a little annoyed with GM for not integrating some of the pickup tech and features into these vans).
The following users liked this post:
Larry Lewinski (January 11th, 2022)

Quick Reply: Pull out Tow mirrors