Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Pull out Tow mirrors

Search this Thread

Old February 22nd, 2021, 12:18 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I'll continue looking for power mirrors for towing that fit a 2001..
If you find some while looking for your - please let me know. I've not had much luck.
Thanks
Old March 2nd, 2021, 8:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I apologize for the lack of posts, for some reason I stopped getting thread notifications. I finalized the mount design and should be able to get the first functional prototype out in around a month. They should fit all models of Express/Savana van, the mating surface is the same. They will also fit the kodiak/top kick trucks at they use the same doors. I got the below ar the final fitment prototypes (without the fairing that blends into the body) the last pictures are with the mirrors extended.

The following users liked this post:
Larry Lewinski (January 11th, 2022)
Old March 2nd, 2021, 8:21 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by Kyle C.
I apologize for the lack of posts, for some reason I stopped getting thread notifications. I finalized the mount design and should be able to get the first functional prototype out in around a month. They should fit all models of Express/Savana van, the mating surface is the same. They will also fit the kodiak/top kick trucks at they use the same doors. I got the below ar the final fitment prototypes (without the fairing that blends into the body) the last pictures are with the mirrors extended.

Kyle, What years will these work on? I'm need some for a 2001 G3500 Cutaway with power side mirrors. If you haven't seen them - my post were on Feb 21, 2021..

Old March 2nd, 2021, 8:34 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by G3500 Toy Hauler
Kyle, What years will these work on? I'm need some for a 2001 G3500 Cutaway with power side mirrors. If you haven't seen them - my post were on Feb 21, 2021..
They will work on all years both van and cutaway. The only difference between the standard mirrors on the vans is the mirror themselves. Most cutaway trucks use the "more universal" style of mirrors and have a plastic blank over the standard mirror. The first productions mirrors I will produce are heated, power with turnsignals. They can be easily added on and I am still a couple months out on production. I would rather take the time to make a solid set of mirrors. The first sets will sell for $200 once I get them completed
The following users liked this post:
Larry Lewinski (January 11th, 2022)
Old March 2nd, 2021, 9:11 PM
CF Junior Member

They will work on all years both van and cutaway. The only difference between the standard mirrors on the vans is the mirror themselves. Most cutaway trucks use the "more universal" style of mirrors and have a plastic blank over the standard mirror. The first productions mirrors I will produce are heated, power with turnsignals. They can be easily added on and I am still a couple months out on production. I would rather take the time to make a solid set of mirrors. The first sets will sell for $200 once I get them completed

Do you think you'll have them by the end of April at the latest?
FYI - My hope is that they lift the travel restrictions and I can travel into the USA with my truck and pick up things I've purchased last year.
NOTE: I'll need the mirrors to extend out farther than what I currently have on my 2001 Cutaway shown below. BTW - The current mirrors are POWER.
But I'm not able to see around the sleeper box with the current mirrors as well as I would like when I have the trailer attached and I'm backing up or making some turns.

Liking how it is starting to look. But, I want the box to be a little lower.

Front view of the test fit.
Old March 2nd, 2021, 9:30 PM
CF Beginner

I will check over the weekend, but I don't believe they come out further than the permanently wide mirrors.
Old March 2nd, 2021, 9:43 PM
CF Junior Member

I will check over the weekend, but I don't believe they come out further than the permanently wide mirrors.

Thank you for checking. I might have to get a backup camera for when I use the trailer.

FYI - I can't get to my mirrors, yet, to be able to measure them. The G3500 is on the other side of these Ultravans. Grin

A little bit of snow. Grin
Old March 2nd, 2021, 10:02 PM
CF Beginner

I have a set of those mirrors for towing a camper, but they are so wide when running just the truck. The extenadble mirrors are wide enough to see around the trailer, and pull in enough to not be needlessly wide. When I measured they were pretty close in width when extended.
Old April 27th, 2021, 1:48 PM
CF Active Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

do you have some side by side photos of how they look compared to a stock mirror when pushed in and when extended ?

Or are there any strap on mirror extensions like they have for some pick-up trucks ,

They are nice to have the 2% I pull a trailer , ................ Thanks
Old April 27th, 2021, 4:45 PM
CF Beginner

I don't believe the make molded strap on mirrors for the Express/Savana. The "universal" ones will fit, but they shake really bad.

As a project update, development was put on pause the past few months because of school. I will get back on it in a couple weeks.

Quick Reply: Pull out Tow mirrors