Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Is this a reliable van?

Search this Thread

Old December 25th, 2011 | 2:43 PM
Super Moderator

the tuner kit will void your powertrain warranty; so make sure to remove the programming if you service it at a dealer.
Old December 26th, 2011 | 9:43 PM
CF Veteran

I actually saw a new truck on a dealers showroom floor that had, among other things, a programmer. The salesman swore that it did nothing to the warranty. But that doesn't preclude the possibility that the dealer was honoring the warranty when the manuf. might not, but...

As to which one to get, I'd suggest Google and the internet. I talked to my mechanic about getting one, but we haven't got to which one yet.
Old December 27th, 2011 | 5:54 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by StanVan
I actually saw a new truck on a dealers showroom floor that had, among other things, a programmer. The salesman swore that it did nothing to the warranty. But that doesn't preclude the possibility that the dealer was honoring the warranty when the manuf. might not, but...

As to which one to get, I'd suggest Google and the internet. I talked to my mechanic about getting one, but we haven't got to which one yet.
for engine or trans replacement under warranty gm requires digital pictures from the scan tool showing ecm and tcm factory calibration. if its not there; its not covered.
Old January 7th, 2012 | 6:57 PM
CF Veteran

Okay, it's not that I disagree with you, or that I don't believe what you say. But I'd never buy a vehicle from a company if I thought there was any real possibility of needing a motor or trans replaced under warranty(or not under warranty, either). I realize that anything can happen, and if you use one of these programmers and don't use it with some moderation and forethought, you deserve to pay for a motor. People use them all the time with no issues. And I'm sure that some engines get killed as well.

Just sayin'.
Old January 8th, 2012 | 7:20 AM
Super Moderator

i bring a crystal ball with me when i car shop; so i can weed out the bad engines/trans before i buy it.
Old January 16th, 2012 | 11:17 PM
CF Veteran

who cares about programmers? The truck weighs 3 tons it will never get the mileage you can get from a Cavalier.
The following users liked this post:
Fww56 (December 1st, 2022)