Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

second horn

Search this Thread

Old October 20th, 2020, 2:06 PM
CF Active Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Second horn

i am trying to keep it all factory including the connections,they sell dual horns that look factory but the connections are for a silverado,tahoe,suburbun.express uses a different connection.the replacement are all splice applications unless i can find a pigtail that will allow me to go from the van connector to the silverado connector
Old October 20th, 2020, 5:03 PM
CF Active Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Edward Andriaccio
i am trying to keep it all factory including the connections,they sell dual horns that look factory but the connections are for a silverado,tahoe,suburbun.express uses a different connection.the replacement are all splice applications unless i can find a pigtail that will allow me to go from the van connector to the silverado connector

I know you want to keep everything factory, but if you change your mind, here’s a suggestion: I put in 2 brand new horns (see my previous reply), adding a relay and new wiring. This was necessary because the amp load from the 2 new horns exceeded the circuit rating. Another important thing I did was move the horns in front of the radiator, directly behind the grill, below the hood latch. This makes them a lot louder because they push the sound out in front of you instead of blasting into the engine compartment as the stock configuration. They are super loud and much more effective now.
Old March 24th, 2022, 1:16 PM
CF Active Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default dual note horn setup

so here is what i came up with.i ordered a high note horn from gm and the mounting bracket which is a common sense install.the wiring issue was solved by ordering part number 12063900 with is for a chevy kodiak but will work for the chevy express.ive held the horn for at least 5 seconds and havent poped any fuses or burnt any wires because this is a factory made harness for this purpose.have fun guys...........ed