Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Show off your van...pictures please!

Search this Thread

Old April 12th, 2020, 1:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2017 3500

2017 3500 bought from Enterprise. 1 year when we bought it so saved about 10000$. Pulling our trailer.
The following 2 users liked this post by Dahlonega:
MrRob (April 22nd, 2020), SchnauzerKing (April 16th, 2020)
Old April 16th, 2020, 7:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Finally

I purchased this 2012 3500 Diesel a couple years ago. I hated the tires. Stock Bridgestone's with the grey steel spokes. With only 37K miles on it, I knew those chiseled round rocks would last a spell. A year or so after I purchased it, I found a set of factory aluminum wheels in California. After the first of the year I pulled the trigger on some new Michelin's. I went up to LT265's. Much better. The ride alone was a worth the money.

The following 2 users liked this post by SchnauzerKing:
MrRob (April 22nd, 2020), PlaneMechNH (December 3rd, 2020)
Old April 21st, 2020, 9:58 PM
CF Beginner

New to me, my big tan van. I got a lot of cleaning to do, fix a couple of things, but it is going to make a great van for the summer.

Big Tan Van
The following 2 users liked this post by bigtanvan:
chevy.korea (April 22nd, 2020), MrRob (April 22nd, 2020)
Old May 7th, 2020, 9:25 PM
CF Active Member

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

I find it funny that GM is the only American company still making "real" vans, v8, rear wheel drive, body on frame vans. By the way, I love all these vans here, to bad they are not as popular anymore.
Old May 7th, 2020, 9:29 PM
CF Active Member

Talking

Originally Posted by Seitz38

Just bought it Friday
Dewd, that thing looks awesome, especially in the dark red!
The following users liked this post:
MrRob (January 8th, 2024)
Old May 8th, 2020, 12:42 PM
CF Active Member

Talking

Originally Posted by expressvanman
Hi all,

New here. here is a few shots of my 2009 2500 Express extended. Pulls great. Mainly use for work but works great for hauling my snowmobile, Quad and Harley! Sh'e been all over the county already. Next trip is hauling 1 sled in the back and a 2 place snowmobile trailer to Idaho in February. Buying some new tires for her so I decided to look for some new rims. Looking for different pics of express vans with aftermarket rims...

Attachment 11346

New tires just yesterday. Heading through the mountains these should help!
Attachment 11347
Attachment 11348
Cool tow rig!
Old May 10th, 2020, 9:32 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default This is my little campa

Originally Posted by spiderpig773
Let's see your van

This is my 1990 G20. It's got a 350.

2004 .6.0l v8
The following users liked this post:
MrRob (June 9th, 2020)
Old May 22nd, 2020, 5:06 AM
dwj
CF Beginner

Hello everyone. Heres my Quigley G30. Its pretty unreliable and rough around the edges but on the plus side she's more exotic than a ferrair over here in ireland Naturally garages refuse to touch her so Im 100% on my own on this.

Ive converted it to a camper with rock-and-roll bed, gas, electrics, solar etc. She also has an awning since taking these photos.

Ive also redone the fuel system with a new mechanical pump, sender and flushed tank and lines. Still randomly cuts out though. I have a carter electric pump I may try.
Other than cutting out my main issue is suspension. The ride is terrible. despite the lift I think she's bottoming out on the bump stops so Ill have to change springs and shocks. No idea where to start with that but I guess Ill figure it out.

The following 2 users liked this post by dwj:
MrRob (June 9th, 2020), ray caldwell (May 22nd, 2020)
Old May 22nd, 2020, 4:29 PM
CF Active Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by dwj
Hello everyone. Heres my Quigley G30. Its pretty unreliable and rough around the edges but on the plus side she's more exotic than a ferrair over here in ireland Naturally garages refuse to touch her so Im 100% on my own on this.

Ive converted it to a camper with rock-and-roll bed, gas, electrics, solar etc. She also has an awning since taking these photos.

Ive also redone the fuel system with a new mechanical pump, sender and flushed tank and lines. Still randomly cuts out though. I have a carter electric pump I may try.
Other than cutting out my main issue is suspension. The ride is terrible. despite the lift I think she's bottoming out on the bump stops so Ill have to change springs and shocks. No idea where to start with that but I guess Ill figure it out.

luv it . 14 bolt rear 1 ton is more like a tractor than van. Where do I start? If you went to mech pump then you probably have a quadrajet carb on it. Have you ran any cleaners thru the fuel? Many old jets in carbs are gummed up or worse- tightened down hard by po and dont set right after. Can of cleaner a gasket set and rebuild instructions will get you started.
For the ride, rear- check bushings in springs first, order u bolts and take leaf springs off. Grind edges smooth and starting with 2nd from bottom, remove every other one until you are left with 6 or 7 and both sides should match of course.
On front you can use polyurethane spring inserts to get ride and height you want.
I have a 92 and it likes gas shocks in rear and I used off road shocks on front cause I lived in a city with godawful roads. They are good on highway too. Your parameters are extended length and compacted length. The ends can be trimmed down or shimmied out. Still would use shocks off a medium duty truck since Van's never seem to lose weight.
. That's enough to keep you busy for summer. I want to find a countertop like yours and a shelf to match so I can toss my computer desk

The following 3 users liked this post by ray caldwell:
dwj (June 5th, 2020), Elisia Friedman (July 21st, 2020), MrRob (June 9th, 2020)
Old May 27th, 2020, 12:58 AM
CF Beginner

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, for my first poost, here's my van...

it big
The following 2 users liked this post by Prince_Polaris:
jordan9mm (December 28th, 2021), MrRob (May 27th, 2020)

Quick Reply: Show off your van...pictures please!