Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Show off your van...pictures please!

Search this Thread

Old July 24th, 2021, 8:09 PM
CF Beginner

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My 2019 that the kids have affectionately dubbed the Idiot Express.

The following 2 users liked this post by ijasond:
jordan9mm (December 28th, 2021), mcmurray (February 2nd, 2022)
Old July 25th, 2021, 4:54 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brackets

Originally Posted by drober05

Here is a shot of my 1999 Chevy Express Class B Camper Van. I modified a bull bar from a 1998 GM half ton pickup then added some LED lights to give it a "Baja" look. I didn't originally intend to put the round lights on, just the bull bar lights. I had the round ones laying around from another project and thought they would look cool on the van.

Dear, would you mind to send me some pictures from under the van, how you mounted the bulbar? iv got a go rhino but the brackets are for the express +2003... i want to make the brackets but dont know how
Old July 27th, 2021, 12:01 AM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just brought home this week. Just couldn't make the Tacoma work for camping and I was so tired of towing. We never stay long anywhere. Honker will be a camper van unless by some stretch of the imagination and my business takes off and I need a van.

2020 Express 2500 Extended
The following users liked this post:
Solisports (January 20th, 2022)
Old August 19th, 2021, 3:07 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Folks...
i think, no one did this before in the way we did it. So i will show you our converted 2006 SWB Savana, Ex-Explorer VAN, fully new built Campervan with Solar on the Roof and 190Ah Battery Pack on the Frame. A Toilet is stored under the Bed and can be pulled out, if needed. Left Side in front of the Bed the blue Box is a Seat, wich has the Fridge under itself, that also can be pulled out to the middle of the VAN. The right side, the orange box is only for washing with a little bit Freshwater and Greywater Tanks in it. Also you can pull up 3 Tables if you want. 1 in Direction to Front, to have a little Table, the second to the Outside if the right Doors are opened to have a table outside, the third is on the first Door on the left side, to have a table where 2 People can sit while camping or rainy weather, for eating inside or something.
Both Frontseats have a swivel Base, wich i welded by myself and they work great.
Ready for Adventure, Greets from Germany - Pony

The following users liked this post:
Solisports (January 20th, 2022)
Old August 26th, 2021, 6:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

My 04 Savana AWD Explorer conversion and what it looked like when I bought it.

The following 2 users liked this post by chiliVANilli:
mountainmanjoe (August 26th, 2021), rushdewalt (August 27th, 2021)
Old August 26th, 2021, 9:39 PM
Super Moderator

Received 667 Likes on 605 Posts

Originally Posted by chiliVANilli
My 04 Savana AWD Explorer conversion and what it looked like when I bought it.
can you please tell us about your lift?
Old August 27th, 2021, 3:12 PM
CF Beginner

I used the Journeys Off Road 3" lift keys and replaced the rear leaf springs from a 92-99 3/4 Suburban. I put Bilstien 5100's shocks in the front and Bilstein heavy duty shocks in the rear.
Old August 27th, 2021, 5:20 PM
Super Moderator

Received 667 Likes on 605 Posts

Originally Posted by chiliVANilli
replaced the rear leaf springs from a 92-99 3/4 Suburban.
Thanks.
I presume the 'Burban springs have more arch and provide the same lift. Why did you choose this route instead of the spacers in the kit? (or even shackles)

Any particular reason you used Bilstien shocks?
Old August 28th, 2021, 1:24 PM
CF Beginner

I chose to use the Suburban leaf springs after reading a few people had done it with good results. I believe the Journeys Off Road site is where I read it, but do your own research of course. I would check out Timberline Vans also, they do great stuff as well. Mine also has an electric rear seat that folds down into a bed, and the fiberglass roof and all the pleather and plood, and the stock springs were never upgraded for the conversion. The Burb springs have 7 leaves I think, and that combined with the arch gives it a tad more than 3" when new. They also have a higher weight rating giving me "capacity" more or less. It does ride SO much better and handles way better and got rid of the rocking and swaying I had with blocks and stock springs.
I have always run the Bilsteins on my Toyota's, but I'm not sure they are good choice up front with the torsion bars. The rebound is a little fast, good for off road, but maybe a little too springy for the street. The rears are perfect and smooth.
The following 3 users liked this post by chiliVANilli:
Mayor of the 'Ville (August 29th, 2021), mountainmanjoe (August 29th, 2021), Solisports (January 20th, 2022)
Old December 19th, 2021, 4:09 PM
Ros
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile This is ours - does anyone know the make of the conversion?

This is our beloved Chevy aka “Whale”
Does anyone know, what could be the make of the conversion?

There were quite substantial repairs to be made, I added heating, pergola… would love to add external spare rack, new bodykit… but it is next to impossible to get conversion parts here in Czech Republic.

This is the state I bought it

Bodykit must have been put away because of clearance. I would like to get new one, though. But it is very difficult to get these parts here in Czech Republic. Is there an e-shop selling conversion parts? I can have them delivered to Norcross GA 30071.

Wooden parts are attached quite crudely…

We love roof windows

This is the current state.

Rear window is not original, it is made from plexi… I would love to get the original glass, but it is next to impossible to get it here.

Last edited by Ros; December 19th, 2021 at 4:16 PM. Reason: wanted to add something

Quick Reply: Show off your van...pictures please!