Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Show off your van...pictures please!

Search this Thread

Old December 20th, 2021, 7:18 AM
CF Beginner

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ros
This is our beloved Chevy aka “Whale”
Does anyone know, what could be the make of the conversion?

There were quite substantial repairs to be made, I added heating, pergola… would love to add external spare rack, new bodykit… but it is next to impossible to get conversion parts here in Czech Republic.

This is the state I bought it

Bodykit must have been put away because of clearance. I would like to get new one, though. But it is very difficult to get these parts here in Czech Republic. Is there an e-shop selling conversion parts? I can have them delivered to Norcross GA 30071.

Wooden parts are attached quite crudely…

We love roof windows

This is the current state.

Rear window is not original, it is made from plexi… I would love to get the original glass, but it is next to impossible to get it here.
There are a couple of the conversion companies that are still in business. Not sure if you could contact one of them for parts. If your google-fu is strong, I’m sure you’ll be able to come up with something.
The following users liked this post:
Solisports (January 20th, 2022)
Old December 20th, 2021, 7:46 AM
Ros
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ijasond
There are a couple of the conversion companies that are still in business. Not sure if you could contact one of them for parts. If your google-fu is strong, I’m sure you’ll be able to come up with something.
Thanks for the reply! I was sort of hoping somebody here might know/have personal experience with a conversion company and might navigate me there... my google-fu is obviously not deadly enough as I came up with bunch of sites by design some 15 years old and probably out of business as they do not answer.
Old December 30th, 2021, 12:39 AM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 1995 G20 custom RV build

Totally not finished...
Black Raptor Liner paint job, solar, 3m thinsulate, cedar interior build out, just got new Falken Wildpeak AT3W's to put on,
Redoing almost all suspension, lift eventually, getting new exhaust, undercarriage weather sealed, tint front windows,

The following 2 users liked this post by comfnumb:
MrRob (January 8th, 2024), Solisports (January 20th, 2022)
Old January 20th, 2022, 6:29 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Van build on the 2004 express

The derrière, though!

I tied down the top and brought it home.

Found this top at a junk yard. $125 came off a ford. It is five inches bigger than the roof which iis perfect for the bed.

Just raptored Frida!

Hello everyone! My name is Rafa. I have an express that I use for business and pleasure.
I am about to retrofit it to me. I am 6”8 tall and handy and sporty. I am going to embark on a build and parts swap and up grades.

Frida has 230 k miles and we are planning to hit the road in two months I am going focus on the mechanics of the van and the fabrication on functionality of it for work, play and comfort living.

Back home and awaiting logistical mechanical and fabrication mayhem!

MrRob (January 8th, 2024)
Old February 1st, 2022, 6:55 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2002 Chevy Build - Cygnus the Abominable Snowvan

Built this guy for adventure. Express LS Extended. Always a work in progress. New wheels coming this week along with additional capacity on the roof, and will update.

Old February 2nd, 2022, 11:28 AM
CF Beginner

Default Express Van Side Mount Ladder

Looking for side ladder options for my Express. Anyone using a gutter mount on the side, that extends the full height of the van? I've only seen Aluminess.

Last edited by mcmurray; February 2nd, 2022 at 12:07 PM.
Old February 16th, 2022, 9:17 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Bought this van last December primarily as a tow vehicle. 2015 3500 extended, 6.0 liter, 15 passenger with 83,000 miles. Pulled the rear seats, insulated behind the panels and doors with Havelock Wool.
Did not come with the trailer package so I added class V hitch, Bilstein shocks and trailer wiring. Brake controller is from Tuson. Added power towing mirrors, (TRQ) and drivers electric seat base. Replaced the underseat fuse box to power up the seat and mirrors. First test run last weekend pulling my 25' Flying Cloud to dial in the WD hitch and brake controller. The Tuson controller operates off the OBD II Port and brake control is superb. Ready for the camping season

https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hitch/Chevrolet/Express+Van/2015/C15320.html?VehicleID=201514107

https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Brake-Controller/Chevrolet/Express+Van/2015/335DL-100.html?VehicleID=2015202941

Old March 22nd, 2022, 4:38 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought and painted matte black!

Hey, all! I just recently bought my 1995 G20 Conversion van and had it painted matte black. I'll be replacing the wheels soon with larger, wider tires and perhaps adding a spoiler. We'll see!

Here's the pics!

Old March 22nd, 2022, 7:23 PM
Super Moderator

Received 662 Likes on 601 Posts

Originally Posted by GBousley
Hey, all! I just recently bought my 1995 G20 Conversion van and had it painted matte black. I'll be replacing the wheels soon with larger, wider tires and perhaps adding a spoiler. We'll see!

Here's the pics!
I know where this is going ...

The following 2 users liked this post by mountainmanjoe:
MrRob (May 6th, 2022), Triaged (March 28th, 2022)
Old April 16th, 2022, 6:59 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 94 Likes on 83 Posts

Dodge Ram wheel with LT265/70R17 Cooper AT3. Looks like they fit perfectly after re-routing the wheel speed sensor wire someone else posted on here.

Bilstein shocks were a big improvement up front! No more bouncing on the hwy.

Quick Reply: Show off your van...pictures please!