Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Switched Power - 09 Chevy Express 2500

Search this Thread

Old August 8th, 2019, 11:29 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by kaydo36
I beg to differ. If I had half a brain, I'd have paid someone to install this for me. Haha. I can take apart a computer motherboard so modifying the fuse box doesn't scare me, but it just doesn't make sense to me that every guide and instructional video for every manufacturer of manual-to-power window conversion kits all say to tap into the wiring under the steering column...but you're telling me to deconstruct my fuse block and add pins to the board. So I'm gonna look into some other channels. I do appreciate your time and won't waste any more of it. Thanks and take care.
Cause those a-holes only care that you buy their product. I note what the factory does. I try to ascertain why. Then I attempt to follow their lead where it makes sense. Anyways, you do as you wish. I am glad I will never be anywhere near that truck. I despise hacks.
Old August 10th, 2019, 4:21 PM
Super Moderator

Received 677 Likes on 613 Posts

Window motors can draw a lot of power, so I would avoid piggy backing an existing circuit. I think the right way to do it would be to run a new circuit from the battery/fuse block, through a relay activated by the RAP circuit.
Old January 22nd, 2023, 1:14 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dberladyn
READ THIS PAGE TOO:
https://dan.berladyn.online/gm/gmt61...cessory-power/

Maybe this is all too complicated for a beginner. It's not really complicated, but it is intimidating at first.

This Picture is your Fuse Box, Front and Back.

I added all the pins I could so I could enable all the factory options. Even a few of my own options. My Cell Phone Charger / Tablet Charger had it's own fuse in the factory box. If I didn't add a pin, it is simply because I ran out. I am short one relay on this board. The Intermittent Light Relay for adding multiple Intermittent Lights. Lights such as Lights on the Visor. It doesn't matter though, I am pretty sure I am going my own route and abandoning the factory fusebox altogether. I just have to get my rear in gear. For some reason I am just not keen on working. I brought the table saw out today, it just sat there for hours while I decided if I should bother the neighbour's with noise or not.
Where did you find the terminals to add more fuses to the factory fuse PCB board?

Also, seems like your links are dead, can't find a back up on wayback machine unfortunately either.