Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Vacuum hose for air vent

Search this Thread

Old February 13th, 2024, 6:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Vacuum hose for air vent

My 2013 Chevy express has bad vacuum hoses for AC vents. By battery there is 3 way T connection for the vacuum. One goes to the vacuum ball, other seems to go to the passenger side, and 3rd line goes somewhere around firewall. The line that goes to the firewall or maybe intake manifold I pulled out but can’t find where to install new hose. Does anyone know where this hose go to and how can I install it.
Thanks
Old February 13th, 2024, 6:42 PM
Super Moderator

Received 677 Likes on 613 Posts

vacuum is sourced from the intake manifold, and leads through the firewall to the HVAC panel (you should be able to see them under the dash on px side). Which part are you asking about?

Post your engine and maybe some photos please.
Old February 13th, 2024, 7:03 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by mountainmanjoe
vacuum is sourced from the intake manifold, and leads through the firewall to the HVAC panel (you should be able to see them under the dash on px side). Which part are you asking about?

Post your engine and maybe some photos please.
Engine is L20 flex fuel. I am looking for the location of the black hose to put it back on intake manifold. I removed old one and I am not sure where to plug new hose. Old hose was most likely already broken from intake manifold.
Old February 13th, 2024, 7:32 PM
Super Moderator

Received 677 Likes on 613 Posts

I couldn't find a drawing, but you should be able to follow the hissing/sucking sound. You'll probably need to remove the doghouse.
Old February 17th, 2024, 4:05 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by mountainmanjoe
I couldn't find a drawing, but you should be able to follow the hissing/sucking sound. You'll probably need to remove the doghouse.
After removing dog house found where hose connects to the intake manifold on the passenger side. Connected new hose and got it working properly.
thanks for your help
The following 3 users liked this post by nedzad:
Derrick71 (February 21st, 2024), mountainmanjoe (February 17th, 2024), Triaged (February 17th, 2024)