Express, Savana & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse.

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Vacuum hose routing...

Search this Thread

Old June 19th, 2020, 8:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Vacuum hose routing...

Just finished with a motor swap (well almost). I have a line that one end is labeled ‘kvl’ other splits and hits the vacuum ballast/tank and I believe the heater control. Any ideas what kvl means and where it goes? Also, I have a barb on the left side of the engine (Intake manifold off of one of hose round flat takeoffs) that’s too small for the kvl hose, but has a little rotted 1/4”ish hose that went nowhere when I took it apart. Any ideas on that as well?

Thanks in advance
The following users liked this post:
tdoggie053 (January 6th, 2024)
Old June 20th, 2020, 1:44 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I believe if you put in the personal energy to search these forums you will find your answers.
Old June 20th, 2020, 8:52 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks for taking the time to respond and offer no assistance. I am not the type to post in forums before searching the internet as much as possible. Just as you believe the answer is in buried in these forums, I believe you are a dick.
Old June 20th, 2020, 8:59 AM
CF Beginner

On a side note, I figured out the routing. Just having problems with the ignition now. I’d elaborate, but why? So I can be told someone had a similar issue with one of the millions of chevys made in the year range of my vehicle? 😂😂😂
Old June 20th, 2020, 9:36 AM
CF Pro Member

Well Fred, I am sure if you look again you will see that I left the comment and then bumped an HVAC / Vacuum Line thread for you to find. It's right there beside this one if you back up once into the thread listing, or by clicking this link right here.

https://chevroletforum.com/forum/exp...ne-help-93320/

You'll find schematics and such there. Except my main fault is misunderstanding your questions. You are asking about the engine and engine compartment, and I immediately thought of the cabin and HVAC System. I am not sure where you can find your answer, you can check the GM Upfitters link on my post, but I don't think you'll find engine vacuum routing there. It would probably help if you posted your year, model, engine type.
Old June 20th, 2020, 9:43 AM
CF Pro Member

On the hand maybe I was right to begin with after all. Maybe all your answers are to be found in reply #7 in this thread here: https://chevroletforum.com/forum/exp...20/#post366772
Old June 24th, 2020, 9:22 PM
Super Moderator

Received 677 Likes on 613 Posts

Calling people dicks won't earn you any friends here. That much is certain.
Old June 24th, 2020, 10:52 PM
CF Beginner

Doesn’t look like that thread really answered my questions. Got van running and solid two days ago. One of the hoses in question went between a tee going to heater controls and the other end to a barb on the left side of the intake manifold. I had another hose in question that went from the barb second from the top below the radiator cap to the barb on the left underside of the throttle body. I was especially confused because there was a reducing 90 connected to the intake barb that reduced the hose. Must’ve been a remnant from the Silverado. Project was a Silverado engine being put in a 2005 Chevy express 2500. I believe it was a 2007 Silverado. Thanks for your help!
The following users liked this post:
dberladyn (June 25th, 2020)