Forum Notice Stop in here to get the latest on CF happenings! This is also the place to get some information about site usage and the rules of the forum. Only staff and those permitted by the staff may post a new topic in this section. For permission to post something here, contact EvansBlue.

Equinox Timing Chain

Search this Thread

Old June 26th, 2017, 5:15 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Equinox Timing Chain

My 2011 Equinox with 79,000 miles needs the timing chain replaced to the tune of $1,700. I have heard Chevy, in particular the Equinox is none for timing chain problems due to cheap plastic connectors used. There is a Special Coverage 12313C for the Balance Chain but nothing for the Timing Chain. I don't think it is just or fair for me to have to spend that kind of money on something that should have been manufactured better and should have lasted much longer. As well why would the balance chain now be covered but not the timing chain? We are going on vacation July 28th and driving out to Virginia. I don't have much of a choice but to get it fixed.

I am 61 and have been buying GM all my life but this has me upset enough to switch to a Honda CRV.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks, Mike