Forum Notice Stop in here to get the latest on CF happenings! This is also the place to get some information about site usage and the rules of the forum. Only staff and those permitted by the staff may post a new topic in this section. For permission to post something here, contact EvansBlue.

Help 2012 chevy traverse fan

Search this Thread

Old June 18th, 2017, 11:30 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Help 2012 chevy traverse fan

I need some help. I have a 2012 chevy traverse LT . Few months now been having issues after 4 years of not having to replace a thing . So my radiator broke replaced it. Then fan stops working cause my car was starting to over heat . So check air condition fan still working, but cooling car off fan not . So buy whole new fan replace it . Still air conditioning fan still works other not . Relays are fine n still good . No codes no lights no over heating lights and over fill still has antifreeze so not taking it like it's empty or low. Auto zone said may be a temp sensor so I got it . But wanted to see what others advice is before I go figuring out on changing it out. Thanks in advance
Old June 18th, 2017, 11:32 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Also

Also anyone know where it is under hood 😂 the sensor i mean
Old June 18th, 2017, 10:51 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

the fans aren't running...so is it overheating going down the road or stopped?

the ecm controls operation of the cooling fans. the engine coolant temp sensor is only a input to the ecm. if there was a problem with the ect...a dtc would be set.

-the cooling fan probably isn't designed to run at low speed until the coolant temp is over 212*F...so what temp are you overheating at? If its below 212*f, you issue is most likely the system is not sealed to create pressure. pressure raises the boiling point of the coolant. without system pressure, the car with overheat at normal operating temp.

the ect sensor is located above the oil filter