I have several 07 Tahoe issues if anyone can offer their expertise assistance - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Chevrolet Forum Community > New Member Welcome Area > Forum Notice
Reload this Page >

I have several 07 Tahoe issues if anyone can offer their expertise assistance

Forum Notice Stop in here to get the latest on CF happenings! This is also the place to get some information about site usage and the rules of the forum. Only staff and those permitted by the staff may post a new topic in this section. For permission to post something here, contact EvansBlue.

I have several 07 Tahoe issues if anyone can offer their expertise assistance

Old May 30th, 2017, 7:52 PM
4js
CF Beginner

Default I have several 07 Tahoe issues if anyone can offer their expertise assistance

WOW!!!!! I am overwhelmed with a variety of "breakdowns" with my Tahoe. I have wasted as much money with dealers and mechanics that I can. If anyone can suggest any solutions for my A/C light blinking 3 times and no air, rear auto windows won't roll down, auto lift gate doesn't work, Stabilitrak and ABS system intermittent warning, cruise control is intermittent......As you can see, I am loaded with problems that "no one" can fix. Any advice or suggestions is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jess
Old July 11th, 2017, 7:23 PM
CF Beginner

Default Multiple Tahoe problems

I have an '05 Tahoe, and may be able to help with a couple of things. If you're handy, you may be able to repair a few things on your own. I personally don't like to pay someone to do something I can handle myself. I don't even let my husband help me, cuz frankly, he just gets in my way. If you know what to look for, you tube can be a godsend!
First, always check the obvious/simple stuff first. For your back windows/doors, check fuses, make sure all are ok. If not, it may be an actuator.
As with the back lift gate. Mine quit responding to lock/unlock and unfortunately there is no manual way to do this. No key on the outside, no release on the inside, which is actually a terrible hazard, and a very common problem, there have been SEVERAL complaints for tahoes/suburbans. Please complain directly with Chevy. I was hoping if enough people do, they'll recall it. Though it's probably too late now. I removed the inside panel on my rear gate, you can actually get your hand up in there and release it manually from the inside if it's locked on you. After a while it goes out all together and remains unlocked. This is an actuator issue. However the part is $500-600 and sometimes difficult to find. A dealer will prob charge a fortune to fix.
As for your air conditioner, I too had this issue. I don't remember how I diagnosed this, but it was my blower motor. Which is under the dash on the passenger side. Pretty easy fix also. I had to replace it and the resistor, but also the wiring harness for the resistor. (Which wasn't fun) It had melted in there. So I purchased those 3 things at Auto Zone and though you can get connectors, I soldered my new wiring harness in. All done in a short time. Look up diagnosing blower motor issues, and you tube is where I found a video to show me how to do it. It's quite fun actually.
I just diagnosed and replaced my Mass Airflow sensor after getting a high oxygen code on my emission system. Another 5 min job, but the part was $150. I have also replaced my oil pressure sending u it, and coolant overflow reservoir. Your vehicle is a couple years newer, but I expect you'll run into some of these issues soon. Currently I am dealing with a low oil pressure problem. Do wish me luck! Hope I was somewhat helpful!
Old July 11th, 2017, 7:27 PM
CF Beginner

Default Lift gate?

Not sure what's not working on your lift gate, if it's the lock, I mentioned the issue. If it won't stay up, your lifter arms are worn out and can easily be replaced in 2 min, while someone holds the gate up for you. New lifter arms can be purchased on Amazon. I recommend Strong Arm brand. I've had to replace my gate arms and my glass window arms.

Search this Thread
Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: