Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

01 Chevy 2500 HD Random misfire

Old June 9th, 2017, 1:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 01 Chevy 2500 HD Random misfire

I have a 01 Chevy 2500 HD its been sitting for 2 years so i pulled it out of the weeds and done a few things and i need a little help trying to diagnose a problem.

its throwing a random misfire P0300 i believe,,,,,, with a service engine soon light FLASHING.

replaced..
transmission
oil
oil filter
fuel filter
air filter
plugs
wires
coil packs
cleaned the mass air flow sensor
also ran sea foam and 2 tanks of fuel through it

however i have a "service engine soon" light that only goes off SOMETIMES!! when cruising about 50-55mph OR!!! slowing down to a light or stop sign.

Any advice will be greatly appriciated and followed up on.
Old June 9th, 2017, 3:41 PM
CF Monarch

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd suggest go back through check everything, i.e. plug wires on tight. You have a general misfire according to your post, might be worth pulling the fuel tank, and possibbly replacing the fuel pump. At least check for anything that could be obstructing the pump
Old June 9th, 2017, 3:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks yeah i figured that would be my next step.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: