Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

1959 Chev Apache Replacement Windshield

Search this Thread

Old September 14th, 2022, 11:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1959 Chev Apache Replacement Windshield

While restoring my 1959 Apache, I removed the front windshield and broke it! Now I have a new one and it will not fit. It looks like the window opening has issues. On the passenger side the channel that the glass fits into seem to just about touch the under part of the roof over hang. On the driver side, the section is much lower. I am thinking I should cut the driver's side "lip" out to match the passenger side or add material to the passenger side to build it out to the shape of the driver's side. I am at a lost what to do and why there is a problem as the old glass was just fine. Does anyone know what it should look like and how I can make it that way?

Any advice would be most welcome.

The black area I would have to cut out to match the passenger side and have the two side match . See the difference of how the black area does not exist on the passenger side?

The paper fits exactly on the other side but rides up on the lip on this side