Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

1960 Apache C20 Fleetside, worth restoring to make some money?

Search this Thread

Old December 5th, 2020, 10:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1960 Apache C20 Fleetside, worth restoring to make some money?

Hey, new member here. My neighbor is selling his ‘60 Apache c20 long bed for 5k. It needs paint, some exterior rust fixed, a bed floor and rockers. Paint would help too. Overall it looks really sound. Body is straight and frame looks really clean. He’s not asking a fortune for it, and I was wondering if these are really worth anything to the collector market. I’m aware parts are hard to find. I’d probably want to make a little money off it instead of keeping it. Would like some advice before I purchase. I probably don’t need to tell you guys this as you already know, but these appear to be quite rare. Let me know what you think. Thank you.
Old December 6th, 2020, 7:02 AM
CF Monarch

Received 343 Likes on 324 Posts

Welcome from Florida. Parts for old Chevy cars and trucks are easy to find. There are several supplies for body parts and mechanical parts are very easy to find. One problem you will have is that short bed trucks are more desirable than long bed trucks. Without seeing it and seeing how much work it needs it's hard to estimate it's worth. if you do the work yourself you have a good chance of making a profit.
The following users liked this post:
cantthinkof1 (December 6th, 2020)
Old December 6th, 2020, 7:35 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I hadn’t really tried finding any parts online yet because I figured they would be impossible to find or just super expensive. I’m aware the long beds are worth quite a bit less than short beds which isn’t really an issue for me. I enjoy working on vehicles so my main “objective” wouldn’t be just profit. Would like to make this truck look like it was only a few years old again. Just don’t want it to turn out like my last project, where I had a few hundred hours into it, a ton on money and didn’t come close to breaking even. Going to see what reman/used/new parts I can find online just to get an idea. Thanks