Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

1970 chevelle air problems

Search this Thread

Old March 15th, 2013, 1:15 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1970 chevelle air problems

i have a blower fan problem. I have a factory air car with a different motor. Air did not work. Most of it was missing. I finished the air conditioning by installing everything that was missing. I had it charged and it works well except the fan doesn't work on high speed. All the other fan speeds are fine. I can't remember if the fhigh speed fan worked before the air install. Any ideas?
Old March 15th, 2013, 3:37 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jut a guess now on the location...

I'm pretty sure it's your Resistor Array that has one of the Coil Elements broken. And, I "think" it's out under the hood, on the pas side of the air chamber, or inside on the pas side in the air chamber there.

Here's a vid on how one is changed on "another" type vehicle, but those things all look alike, and you can at least see what to look for.

Good luck !

Ref:
Old March 15th, 2013, 3:46 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

It probably is the switch, or could be the resistor block since hi speed is just off battery voltage but the wire to the blower motor comes off the resistor block The switch, switches power to different resistors for speed control, and no resistor on high, just straight battery to it.