Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

1990 Chevy Lumina Stalled & Won't Start.

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2007, 11:21 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1990 Chevy Lumina Stalled & Won't Start.

As i was heading home sunday the car stalls as I'm driving along. I pull off the side of the road and it won't crank.At first we thought it could be not getting enough spark, so we took out the Coil Pack as its called. Brought it to get tested and they told me the 2 coils needed to be replaced but the ignition module that they sit on was ok.

So we get home and put on the new coils and everything and still nothing. It seems to be getting gas cause we can see it in the throttle body. Heck we even tryed to pour fuel directly in the throttle body and use starter fluid but didn't work. I was told to check out the ignition fuse and see if its ok, and it is. We took out the spark plugs and they seem to be bone dry, and this is after we try to crank it numerous times. Just confused as to what to do next, we was also told to check out the timing chain, and to do that is take out a spark plug and try to crank it and see if you can feel pressure, if you can its not broke, well we felt pressure...