Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

1998 Monte Carl Dual climate control issue

Search this Thread

Old October 22nd, 2013, 8:14 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1998 Monte Carl Dual climate control issue

I have a 1998 Monte Carlo - LS.
I have heat control over the right side passenger control from the dash. This set up on my dash, has a left and right side variable temp control for the passenger and the drivers side. The selector switch for the floor, defrost, face, etc. work fine. However, the drivers side dash temp control switch does not increase or decrease the temperature at all. It is just blowing whatever the ambient temperature is. Is this simply corrected by replacing the left side temperature actuator? The temperature control was sporadically working if I didn't bottom it out for the colderst air coming in to the driver side. But, Now that we're approaching winter it simply quit working. Any idea's on how to diagnose this issue?
Or, could it be a simple battery and fuse disconnect and wait for a few minutes for the control to reset or calibrate itself?
Old October 23rd, 2013, 10:33 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I forgot to verify activation request. Duhh! Sorry. Running like the wind I am. So, I hope someone can help me with my Monte Carlo's issue.