Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Manual to Auto Dual Climate control

Search this Thread

Old November 20th, 2007, 7:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Manual to Auto Dual Climate control

I have an 07 Yukon, same as the Tahoe, I'm looking to convert my dual manual climate control to dual auto/digital control. I saw a control panel on ebay for $50 and picutres seems to indicate that there are the same number of wiring harnesses. My manual control panel has 4 harnesses connected. Did anyone attempt this? did it work?

The reasonI want to do this is that when usingthe autostart the internal tempreture is adjusted based on the outside tempreture - read it in the owners manual.I'm in the norhteast and this is an improtant feature.

Your feedback is appreciated.
Old November 20th, 2007, 8:13 PM
e
CF Senior Member

Default RE: Manual to Auto Dual Climate control

this has been asked before and our resident genius ZXinformed us that this would not be a simple plug and play install. The auto ac has many more sensors and stuffneeded for correct operation over the manual. So no, buying the panel and swapping it out would not work.
Old November 20th, 2007, 8:51 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

Also saw a post that said if you leave the manual controls where you want them, the system will go there upon a remote start. Can't confirm.
Old November 20th, 2007, 9:10 PM
e
CF Senior Member

ORIGINAL: 73shark

Also saw a post that said if you leave the manual controls where you want them, the system will go there upon a remote start. Can't confirm.
i confirm.
Old November 20th, 2007, 10:29 PM
CF Senior Member

Yes, but if you keep it on AUTO, when its cold outit turns the heat on along with the heated seats. And theother way aroundwhen its hot out.
Old November 21st, 2007, 12:04 AM
e
CF Senior Member

ORIGINAL: 07summitwhite

Yes, but if you keep it on AUTO, when its cold outit turns the heat on along with the heated seats. And theother way aroundwhen its hot out.
on the manual a/c system (non digital) you dont have a AUTO option. Unless im missing something.......
Old November 21st, 2007, 10:48 AM
CF Junior Member

I'm with you digitalgeekI hate the manual controls. I would much rather have the digital ones.
Old November 21st, 2007, 1:26 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I recommend doing some legwork in advance of making a major purchase (such as a new vehicle), make a list of all the options that are offered and check off the ones that you want, manufacturers website’s make this a breeze.
If an option that interests you is only offered as part of a upgrade package that you don’t care to spend additional money on then check to see if that particular item can be installed after the fact; many can but in this case the Auto Climate Control cannot.
If a Tahoe is equipped with Auto-Start and Auto Climate Control the HVAC system will go to full heat if it is cold outside or full A/C if it is hot, If you have the manual HVAC controls it will operate where the controls where last placed.
My how we are all so spoiled.
Old November 21st, 2007, 4:28 PM
CF Senior Member

ORIGINAL: ZX1100F1

I recommend doing some legwork in advance of making a major purchase (such as a new vehicle), make a list of all the options that are offered and check off the ones that you want, manufacturers website's make this a breeze.
If an option that interests you is only offered as part of a upgrade package that you don't care to spend additional money on then check to see if that particular item can be installed after the fact; many can but in this case the Auto Climate Control cannot.
If a Tahoe is equipped with Auto-Start and Auto Climate Control the HVAC system will go to full heat if it is cold outside or full A/C if it is hot, If you have the manual HVAC controls it will operate where the controls where last placed.
My how we are all so spoiled.
Spoiled, what are you talking about? Last week I was roughing it with the seat heater off and the A/C set to manual mode. I can't believe people actually live like that. ;-)
Old November 22nd, 2007, 12:13 PM
CF Junior Member

ZX I agree with you to a point but, there will always be something that comes up later that you will want to add. And you never really know until you actually own the vehicle. Also that is what this forum is all about. Someone thinks of something and most times there are others who follow. I think its fun to customize my vehicle and it is nice to have someone like you with the vast knowledge of the vehicles to help set us straight. There is no one else to really turn to with the superior attitude that you get when asking the dealer questions(some exceptions). I enjoy reading your posts and feeling confident in my ability to complete a job based on your instruction. As I hope you enjoy sharing with us. Thanks again to all who help us out!

Quick Reply: Manual to Auto Dual Climate control