Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

2000 Chevy 1/2 ton Wiring Diagram

Search this Thread

Old October 5th, 2013, 2:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2000 Chevy 1/2 ton Wiring Diagram

OOPS! I see I just posted this in the wrong area. Can someone tell me where it goes or move it for me. Sorry!

I have a 2000 Chevy 1/2 ton v8 vortec engine. It has been sitting up for about 9 years. The original owner had it "customized" slightly (body lowered, "boom box" type speaker system, etc.), but the problem now is it appears someone has stripped some of the stereo system out and it looks like some of the things that were originally "wired" to the fuse box under the hood was replaced by some other "stuff" that connected to, in some way, the amplifier, speakers, etc. that was installed.

One thing I noticed is the #7 MAXIE fuse plugin, that says "Power Windows RF Switch, Power Window RR Switch, and Power Sunroof (which the truck does not have)" has no wires under the fuse box at all. The #8 Maxie fuse plug wiring is also missing. These look as though they were never installed at the factory, because I see no "extra" wires hanging loose under the fuse box that could have been disconnected.

Plus the engine will not fire. Engine spins but not firing.

Bottom line is, I think someone has altered the wire for the benefit of the boom box system and I need an original wiring diagram for the truck.

Anyone have one or know where I can get one that shows all the original wiring in detail? Or any ideas on a path to take first?

BTW, the shop that installed the speaker system is no longer in business for me to ask them what they did.

Thanks,
jraquel

Last edited by jraquel; October 5th, 2013 at 2:15 PM.