Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

2004 Cavalier 2.2 starting issues

Search this Thread

Old July 27th, 2020, 6:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Cavalier 2.2 starting issues

This car was given to me, the previous owner knew nothing about what was wrong with the car. There was a clutch problem that I diagnosed and repaired. I then went to attempt to start the car. The battery was dead so I replaced it and the car would not turn over. All the dash lights come on but when you turn the key to the start position every light and gauge go off. Last night I jumped the starter over and it would not do a thing. I replaced the starter and the electric ignition today and cleaned every ground I could locate and got no change, lights and gauges still shut off when I attempt to start the car. I jumped the starter and the car started and sounded very good. So I am at wits end in what to attempt next. I am getting a new clutch position sensor tomorrow in another attempt to repair the problem, I don't think it will help. So can anyone shed some light on what I might or should check and/or look into to make this hoopty start like it is suppose too.