Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

2006 Chevrolet Impala 3.9L WILL NOT start

Search this Thread

Old April 12th, 2014, 9:28 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Chevrolet Impala 3.9L WILL NOT start

Had my mechanic change out my brake booster today. Went to go start the car and nothing happens. All lights in car come on including dash. The only problem I am seeing on the dash is the fuel gauge does not go up to show the amount of fuel in my tank. The area where it shows [ P R D N 3 2 1 ] Will not show what gear it is in. It should show the illuminated box around the Park(P). When pressing the brake to shift into reverse or neutral ect.. shows nothing...

Have checked ignition relay and switched it out with the defrost relay and still nothing. Checked all fuses and they are good.

When mechanic tried doing the obdII test it shows no codes but gives him linkage error message??

what has he done wrong or is it as simple as the starter kicking the bucket at the same time as the repair done on my car.

any ideas or help would be great. Mechanic is coming back first thing in the morning and gonna try by[passing the starter to see if the car starts up.
Old April 13th, 2014, 1:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would check wiring around the booster, make sure something did not get disconnected, or pinched behind the booster. Be a good place to start.