Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

2006 malibu steering and wheels

Search this Thread

Old September 25th, 2015, 12:09 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 malibu steering and wheels

I have a 2006 malibu. I recently replaced the outer tie rods. They were bad and wobbly. So with that said i had a little wobble in the steering wheel almost like a pulsing. I replaced the tie rod ends its still doing this the inner tie rods are fine. Some times it smooths out sometimes it just does it all the time. When im driving the steering wheel kinda jerks back and forth like a quarter of inch its not real bad but enough to feel it passengers feel and enough to annoy me. When i break it seems to do it worse. As im slowing down. If anybody has had this issue some info would be spectacular im kinda baffled at the moment.
Old September 25th, 2015, 8:21 AM
Super Moderator

Received 511 Likes on 471 Posts

you may have 2 separate issues causing the concern.

most times, steering wheel shimmy is transferred into the steering wheel from the front tires when cruising and the front rotors when braking.
Old September 26th, 2015, 5:45 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Malibu steering and wheels

Thanks for that info turns out had a bad belt on the front drivers side Tire I usually check the small stuff first. I over looked that. So it's fixed rides smooth again