Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

2006 Tahoe lighter harness

Search this Thread

Old March 24th, 2016, 11:15 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 2006 Tahoe lighter harness

I have a 2006 Tahoe that the lighter harness burnt uo in and now the OBD 2 has no power. Has anyone else have this issue. I have read quite a bit about fires starting because of this.
Old March 25th, 2016, 9:11 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Harleyriders12
I have a 2006 Tahoe that the lighter harness burnt uo in and now the OBD 2 has no power. Has anyone else have this issue. I have read quite a bit about fires starting because of this.
I certainly understand why this is concerning for you, Harleyriders12. As we are not trained technicians, we wouldn't be able to speculate on what's causing your concern. We rely heavily on our certified Chevrolet dealerships and would be more than happy to set up a service visit on your behalf. We can be reached via private message and only need your VIN, mileage, contact information, and preferred dealership to move forward.

Kind regards,

Jasmine
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old March 25th, 2016, 7:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
I certainly understand why this is concerning for you, Harleyriders12. As we are not trained technicians, we wouldn't be able to speculate on what's causing your concern. We rely heavily on our certified Chevrolet dealerships and would be more than happy to set up a service visit on your behalf. We can be reached via private message and only need your VIN, mileage, contact information, and preferred dealership to move forward.

Kind regards,

Jasmine
Chevrolet Customer Care
Yes, Having a wiring harness burn does cause some concern. I do realize you are not a technician and are not trained s such. I posted this wondering if this is a common issue and in doing research, it is! Has Chevrolet had multiple complaints of this? Most just catch fire and burn and in several reports the fire investigators concluded this is the area it starts in.