Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

2007 tahoe rear brakes

Search this Thread

Old April 9th, 2015, 5:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 tahoe rear brakes

Hello all,
My 2007 Chevy Tahoe LT is in need of rear brake pad replacement. My plan is to replace the rotors along with the pads. My questions have to do with removal of the rotor once the caliper bracket is removed and the parking brake is disengaged. Should the rotor just slide off? Or do I need to loosen or remove something else in order to remove the rotor? Does any one have the shop manual instructions on removal of the the rotor along with replacement and adjustments upon installation? The parking brake are disengaged on mine and the rotor won't slide off. I'm not sure if it's rusted in place or something I am not aware of is needing disassembly in order for it to come off. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Frank
Old April 9th, 2015, 10:25 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

did you remove the speed nuts. some models may have a torx bolt retaining the rotor to the hub.
the ebrake shoes get stuck on a ridge of the rotor hat.

hammering on the hub surface usually releases them...as you are junking them, you can hit on the outer contact surface. if that doesn't work, they usually have two threaded holes you can put a bolt in to help push them off. if they are still stuck, don't force it as you can break the e-brake shoes. if they are really stuck, you will have to back off the e-brake adjuster star wheels.