Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

2007equinox temp gauge not working

Search this Thread

Old June 20th, 2014, 3:50 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007equinox temp gauge not working

The other day my equinox over heated and a bunch of coolant dumped out. I let it cool down and refilled with water thinking it may be the water pump.
After letting it cool for a day I drove vechicle to my house but the temp gauge stopped working. I didn't drive very far. I changed the coolant temp sensor but still no dice. I noticed the fans were not kicking on. I checked the fuses. I wiggled the sensor cables and can get the fans to kick on. the connections look fried so I'm sure I have to replace. I can get fans to work as long as I position the connectors right but the temp gauge still won't move. I don't want to trouble shoot the water pump if I can't tell how hot the vehicle is getting. Does anyone have any ideas how I can get temp gauge to work?oh when I turn vehicle on the guage does move all the way up an down so I know its getting some kind of signal.
Old July 2nd, 2014, 1:50 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Figured it out

Turns out the fans weren't kickin on all the way which caused the overheat. The vehicle was stuck on engine hot/ac off even if I let the truck sit for days. I took it to a mech shop and had them clear the codes after I changed the temp sensor and the temp guage started to work again.
Old July 3rd, 2014, 9:50 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Hi hcamarillo,

We are happy to hear your concern is resolved! If you should have any additional questions or concerns, please let us know. We are happy to assist in a resolution.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Originally Posted by hcamarillo
Turns out the fans weren't kickin on all the way which caused the overheat. The vehicle was stuck on engine hot/ac off even if I let the truck sit for days. I took it to a mech shop and had them clear the codes after I changed the temp sensor and the temp guage started to work again.