Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

2009 Navigation Radio Problems

Search this Thread

Old September 12th, 2012, 8:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Navigation Radio Problems

Hello all, new here and looking for some help. Own an 09 GMC denali with the navigation radio that is the same unit in a lot of the gm and chevy models for that year. about 3 months ago it started acting up. The clock goes back one hour, and it loses all of the previous destinations. It also resets the voice navigation to on (I keep it off) and it changes the orientation of the map to north. It also, on occasion will also loose my address book as well. I have ordered a new navigation cd, and still does the same thing after that has been installed. I have pulled the unit and checked all connections in back. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
<o></o>
Any help would be greatly appreciated. The truck is out of warranty, and I hate to have to take them an intermittent electronics problem!!<o></o>
<o></o>
Thanks,<o></o>
<o></o>
Josh
Old September 17th, 2012, 12:57 PM
CF Beginner

Josh,

I am having the same problem out of my 2008 Tahoe. The clock will reset back an hour, the map orientation defaults to North, and the area selection changes to the North East. Just recently all of my Address Book entries were deleted for the first time. The "Favorite Stations" always stay the same though. This happens about every other time I get in the vehicle. I have searched and searched online to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Josh
Old September 17th, 2012, 8:07 PM
CF Beginner

Your description is exactly my problem as well. The address book clears on occasion for me, and the other things you described are happening every few times I turn off the car. I have pulled out the radio and removed a top cover to try to see if there was a memory battery that may be going bad, but could not see one. I have checked the wiring and everything seems to be secure. I am at a loss for what to do. I am out of warranty, and I know that when I take it in, they are going to say they "could not duplicate", because they will not be willing to drive it around for the several hours it may take to have it happen. I have seen replacement radios on ebay for around 1500, but I hate to buy a used radio when I am not convinced that it is in fact the radio. I too have been searching the internet and have found nothing on this problem. I have also checked for any gm bulletins relating to this issue, but could not find anything. I will keep searching for an answer, and if you come up with something please let me know.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
Old April 27th, 2013, 2:22 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

I am also having the issue with the Clock and the nave losing it south position. Although it is in the same time zone so I think the problem may be in the software But i am not sure looking for others who have seen this issue Mine is a 2008 Tahoe LTZ with navigation.
Old April 27th, 2013, 3:22 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hello Everyone,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this clock concern with your radio. Just so you know that Infotainment is a a good resource for this concern, 855-4SUPPORT (US Number). If you need any assistance please let me know. Thank you!

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old July 8th, 2013, 3:07 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 2009 GMC Sierra. I'm also having problems with my Navigation system changing location intermittently and the clock radio going back one hour, and this is happening at start-up. My vehicle has been to the dealer several times and is not fixed. Has anyone found a fix to this problem?

Last edited by jmac1965; July 8th, 2013 at 3:13 PM.
Old March 31st, 2014, 8:14 PM
CF Beginner

Default Nav radio issues

I just purchased a 2008 Tahoe LTZ and have the EXACT problem described here. I've also searched for answers on the web and have found none. At least I now know I'm not alone. If anyone can contribute any information on how to resolve this it would be greatly appreciated.
Old April 1st, 2014, 5:56 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hey r1roman,

I'm sorry to hear that you are also experiencing this problem with your vehicle. Feel free to send us a private message referencing this thread and your VIN if you would like for me to look further into this for you. I look forward to hear from you!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old April 9th, 2014, 9:43 PM
CF Beginner

Angry End result

For anyone who cares I was told today by both the dealer and the Chevy rep that the only solution they can find to what seems to be an obvious software issue is to replace the head unit at a cost of around $1,500. Really? Are you serious?!?!

Needless to say this will be the last Chevy I own. I'll show my displeasure with how poorly Chevy is able to service their customers by spending my future dollars with one of their competitors. How can a 2008 Tahoe LTZ that cost well north of $50K new already have a piece of crap navigation system? To say I'm disappointed is an understatement.

Warning, I spent $122 having the nav unit "reprogrammed/updated" by the dealer with zero results, so don't go down this same path if you have this issue.
Old October 2nd, 2014, 9:13 PM
CF Beginner

Default Poor chevy service

I am having the same issue with my tahoe hybrid. Screen goes black, clock goes back an hour and gps reset and puts me on Pa Ave in Washington, D.C.

With all the issues noted in the forum as well as the other GM forums with people having the same problem, how can GM not thing this is an issue that they need to address.

Dealer tried to reset and it did nothing?

Unreal that you purchase an over 50k vehicle and chevy doesn't address known issues and wants us as customers to spend $1500-3000 to buy used or new unit.

Have owened a GM product for close to 25 years but may be last one at this rate.

If anyone knows of any fixes would appreciate help.

Thanks

Thanks

Quick Reply: 2009 Navigation Radio Problems