Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

2009 Navigation Radio Problems

Search this Thread

Old October 3rd, 2014, 10:31 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately for you, welcome to the club of those GM has decided to abandon. I'm still driving around with this issue as I'm unwilling to spend thousands to fix it. Problem will only go away when I get rid of my Tahoe.

Originally Posted by Cwm68
I am having the same issue with my tahoe hybrid. Screen goes black, clock goes back an hour and gps reset and puts me on Pa Ave in Washington, D.C.

With all the issues noted in the forum as well as the other GM forums with people having the same problem, how can GM not thing this is an issue that they need to address.

Dealer tried to reset and it did nothing?

Unreal that you purchase an over 50k vehicle and chevy doesn't address known issues and wants us as customers to spend $1500-3000 to buy used or new unit.

Have owened a GM product for close to 25 years but may be last one at this rate.

If anyone knows of any fixes would appreciate help.

Thanks

Thanks
Old October 25th, 2014, 3:08 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 2008 Chevy Silverado LTZ and have the same problems with the clock losing 1 hour, losing my recent destinations and address book in my Navigation but it keeps all my radio presets of stations. I would think if there was a solution we would have heard about it by now.
Old October 27th, 2014, 9:05 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2008 Suburban LTZ Nav unit

Clock reverts back 1 hour, saved nav destinations are erased and map zone changes to 9 from my programmed 10 when the power is shut off. There has to be a fix for this bug. Anyone???
Old October 27th, 2014, 7:06 PM
CF Beginner

Sorry to hear your having the same problem. I gave up and replaced the unit. I still have not heard a good answer yet. If anyone ever finds out please post!!! I expected more from GM. Probably won't purchase another gm vehicle after this one.
Old October 28th, 2014, 7:47 AM
CF Beginner

Default Hello Chevrolet Social Media scanner

I know Chevy has social media scanners looking at all these posts. Can one of you, Chevy personel that is, help here with more than just the canned response of bring the car in. This is a software issue that requires an update. Just replacing the head unit does not solve the problem at hand.

Between this issue and my excessive oil consumption, now at 1 qt per 1,000 miles, it is clear that the 2008 Suburbans have a flaw here.
Old November 15th, 2014, 2:54 PM
CF Beginner

Default Well I was finally able to solve my problem...

I bought brand new Ford F-150 Lariat!!!! As I stated before on this thread, this was going to be the last GM product I purchase. Every time I see a GM commercial touting their tag line "We are professional grade", I want to hurl. Obviously their definition of professional grade differs greatly from mine. I would think professional grade would actually include having the nav unit on a Tahoe that stickers for over $50k to properly function for more than 5 years. GMs unwillingness to address my issue cost them over $40k of my money for the next few years. I can tell you the Ford is extremely quiet, feels solid and tight, and has a very intuitive nav interface. I couldn't be happier. When I started reading the consumer reviews on the new Silverado/Sierra, it proved to me that GM hasn't learned a damn thing over the past few years. Well I certainly did and am now a proud Ford owner. I won't make the GM mistake again. Good luck everyone.
Old November 24th, 2014, 1:01 PM
CF Beginner

Default Nav system problem

Hi, I have a 2008 Silverado 2500 with Nav system. The problem is, the display goes completely black at times, I believe the Nav is still working since the radio still plays but the display is dark. The problem is intermittent, sometimes it just comes on when you are driving or just goes blank. Turning radio on and off doesn't help nor restarting the vehicle.
Help!!!

Thank you
Old December 15th, 2014, 1:03 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 2008 Tahoe LTZ and have been experiencing this problem for the last two years. I won't put my money in replacing the head unit with another GM crappy one that will also fail.

Does anyone know of a decent aftermarket unit that will work and retain all features (DVD, Backup Camera, GPS, XM, infrared headphones & remote, etc.) ?
Old December 16th, 2014, 8:16 PM
CF Beginner

Default Nav system problem

Hi, Richleon,

I have seen replacements on Ebay. Some are OEM and some aftermarket ones that look different, that is, the vertical pushbutton layout on each side are reversed. Their ad’s say they are completely compatible with rear view camera and everything else you mentioned. The OEM ones are around $900 and the aftermarket ones are around $500. I’m still unsure what to do. Mine seems heat related, in cooler weather it works fine and as soon as the cab temperature gets up to 70 or so it just goes blank. I’ll post again if I find a reasonable solution. For now I’m using a smart phone with the Maps app and it works better than the one that came with the pickup except it’s much smaller and not near as handy of course.
Robby290
Old December 17th, 2014, 12:07 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks Robby290.
If it helps, I do not think it's related to heat. I lived in Pennsylvania, where it was very cold and now live in Florida and the problem has always been there.

Quick Reply: 2009 Navigation Radio Problems