Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

2010 Avalanche Nav dvd issue

Search this Thread

Old August 17th, 2014, 2:38 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Avalanche Nav dvd issue

Just driving down the road when my nav system says no disc ,I went to eject disc and nothing happened,tray tilted down but no disc came out.I tried to close it and it did not close,I gently closed it by hand after trying the soft buttons a few times.It is closed but now I have on the display eject disc open .Nothing works ,radio works but stuck on that screen.Tried several times,powered down and waited several minutes,still on that same screen.
Old August 18th, 2014, 4:45 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Fosti
Just driving down the road when my nav system says no disc ,I went to eject disc and nothing happened,tray tilted down but no disc came out.I tried to close it and it did not close,I gently closed it by hand after trying the soft buttons a few times.It is closed but now I have on the display eject disc open .Nothing works ,radio works but stuck on that screen.Tried several times,powered down and waited several minutes,still on that same screen.
Hi Fosti,

I understand it's been about a day since this has happened. Are you still seeing this message on the navigation screen? Please send us your VIN, contact information and preferred dealership if we can look further into this for you.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old August 19th, 2014, 8:11 AM
CF Beginner

Default Nav issues

Well after a few days gone by the Nav is now up and running again ,don't know why just makes me think it will happen again. here is the info you asked for and by the way when we purchased this vehicle against my thoughts about extended insurance my wife paid $1400 + for extended warranty with protection for 5 yrs or 75K miles also paint protection for an additional $175.00.I do not have 75k on it yet but am in the 70K range .

My preferred dealer here in Brockport NY is Spurr
my vin #3GNVKFE04AG286161
Thanks
Old August 23rd, 2014, 10:11 AM
CF Beginner

Ok been a few days since I sent you that info,what is next? I had to go to the dealer for an inspection this month and told them about the issue I was having with the Navigation system,they said it is working now so they did nothing.What should I expect,will I need to get this unit replaced ,my warranty runs out in 1500 miles.