Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Tahoe - Install 2007 Nav/DVD TV in 2010?

Search this Thread

Old August 19th, 2011, 11:18 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Tahoe - Install 2007 Nav/DVD TV in 2010?

I've purchased an OEM Navigation/DVD & ceiling mounted Drop Down TV from a 2007
chevy Tahoe to install in my 2010 chevy tahoe.

I have the navigation antenna, in dash nav/dvd unit (no cd) and ceiling mounted tv.

Went to my local dealer and they aren't sure how to install. They think I may
need the wiring harness to go from the overhead to the DVD player and a bracket
to mount the tv. Apparently they don't know which parts they need to order in advance either, and
will not know until they open things up. 5 hours labour!

Anyone have experience with this, I especially need to know what extra parts I may need to order because I think I could install most of it myself if I have all the parts and instructions.

I didn't think it was going to be so difficult to find answers, especially from a dealer

Thanks!
Old August 20th, 2011, 12:00 AM
Administrator

Received 157 Likes on 155 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

You'll definitely need the wiring harness from the head unit to the drop-down screen. Is it too late to get the needed parts from the 2007 that the rest came from?
Old September 9th, 2011, 3:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like you have the same package as me.. is yours an LTZ? You just need the nav screen and gps antenna and POSSIBLY a VSS Wiring Kit (look up on ebay it's about 60 bucks). I have an 07 Avalanche LTZ with rear seat dvd entertainment/dvd 6 disc changer/bose/steering wheel controls factory. If you have RSE then you need the navigation screen with the 'DVD' logo in the bottom left hand corner of the nav unit. If you don't have RSE, then you don't need the DVD logo (this is so you can play actual DVD videos-- the other one is only DVD ROM and only takes the DVD nav disk). Since I have the LTZ (i'm guessing), I guess that's why my VSS Wiring kit (aka the 'brown connector') already came with my car... others have had to buy this part separately. If you have anymore questions email me at felixgun@gmail.com, i'd be glad to help.