Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

2014 Cruze won’t start any suggestions??

Search this Thread

Old December 4th, 2019, 10:34 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Cruze won’t start any suggestions??

12/3 I had the anti theft sign come on but after a day of jumping the car twice the anti theft sign turned off and is currently saying track system and power steering and acting odd. The car would turn back on if I turned it off from a jump but would not turn on after a few hours and I went to get it tested came back at 13 volts sitting and 14.7 charging 12/4 the next day after a jump it will not turn back on if I turn the car off and the volts on my dash is telling me 8.7 most 9v and 14.7 when I jump it and is charging... is the battery dying or is the alternator messing up?????.... I currently have a 2014 Chevy Cruze 78k miles still has the first battery ... I am going to try the 3-10 minute method but I have two keys for my car I don’t see why both won’t work plz help
Old December 16th, 2019, 9:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by William00900
12/3 I had the anti theft sign come on but after a day of jumping the car twice the anti theft sign turned off and is currently saying track system and power steering and acting odd. The car would turn back on if I turned it off from a jump but would not turn on after a few hours and I went to get it tested came back at 13 volts sitting and 14.7 charging 12/4 the next day after a jump it will not turn back on if I turn the car off and the volts on my dash is telling me 8.7 most 9v and 14.7 when I jump it and is charging... is the battery dying or is the alternator messing up?????.... I currently have a 2014 Chevy Cruze 78k miles still has the first battery ... Visit Autofthings to review best battery maintainer if you want to get one. I am going to try the 3-10 minute method but I have two keys for my car I don’t see why both won’t work plz help
It is possible a loose connection to starter or battery. But it is possible battery or starter bad. You try to check the connection then the battery and the next can be fluid level.