Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

5.7 rebuild

Search this Thread

Old January 17th, 2012, 5:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 5.7 rebuild

Thinking about rebuilding the engine in my truck. It's an original 350 in a 1999 Chevy K1500....I know I could have put this in the truck category, but I felt I could get more responses here as it is an engine rebuild question.

What I am thinking about doing is a total rebuild of the engine with some modifications. I would like to build a 383 using an aftermarket crank, rods, pistons and having the machine work done for me. I am not really looking to build tons of horsepower, but the idea of more torque is what I am after.

Now I have built several engines that were naturally aspirated. Obviously, this is a fuel injected engine. So, what sort of issue are going to arise from building this into a 383 and how do I go about fixing these issues? If I don't do anything crazy with the cam, can I just simply reuild this engine and not have to make any other mods? Will there be programming issues? O2 sensor issues?

Any guidance here will be gretly appreciated