Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

96' 5.7L misfire on cyl. 3&5 HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old May 15th, 2009, 12:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok, new info on truck!!! Ignorance is bliss, I believed the guy I bought the truck from! Turns out it's NOT a 5.7L(350) it's the 5.0L(305). I've been replacing parts for a 5.7, I did some research and luckily all the part numbers match between the two engines. I can't find the timing bypass wire, the behind the glove box thing was specially for 95's only. Yes I had the dist. out and yes I screwed up putting it back in. The timing was off....horribly!!! I've been back through everything I've replaced to make sure everything is right. I dont have the scan tool needed to check the timeing that specificly. If anyone else has another idea please chime in. Again, It simply wont fire on cylinder's 3&5 on the left bank and is throwing code p1345. If there is no other suggestions, I guess I'll have to take it to a real mechanic. If I dont, my next soution will probly be a can of gas and a match!!LOL!!!