Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Amplifier instal 2008 factory dash

Search this Thread

Old November 16th, 2013, 11:52 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Amplifier instal 2008 factory dash

Hi guys,
I have had pretty good success in the past on forums with other vehicles. So, ill keep trying here.
I am doing my research on a subwoofer install to a 2008 Chevy Crew cab. I am wondering if anyone out there has done it, or should I give in and get a aftermarket head unit.
I like to keep things looking crisp and sharp, seen or not seen. I would like to avoid some nasty looking aftermarket stereo if possible
Based on some of the research I've gathered, I will be doing some sort of splicing to the radio speakers for the amp's connections. I also have been seeing that people are finding difficulties in locating a remote wire connection for the Amplifier. And last, I didn't even think about it, but there is some sort of safeguard for the speakers built into the radio to protect at high levels, reducing bass levels.
To sum it up, my question is if anyone has successfully installed an aftermarket amp, to a factory 2008 GM head unit. What would I need prior to starting this mini project.
I am on a budget, but I am resourceful.
I left being a GM certified ASE master tech in 2007 right when these babies came out and have not returned to the field since.
Any info gathered/given, would be greatly appreciated

I just purchased a very nice 2008 Crew cab with 14,762 miles on it that has been heated and garage kept and will be starting on a few "personalized features" in the coming months!

THANKS!