Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Battery Gauge, Headlight, Chime,and Stalling Issues

Search this Thread

Old January 9th, 2013, 9:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Battery Gauge, Headlight, Chime,and Stalling Issues

I changed out the turn signal switch today, and now I'm having some issues that may or may not be related to the repair. my truck starts up and runs, but the battery gauge his showing that there is no charge at all, like it would if the truck was off. Also, while running, if I turn the headlights on, the chime comes on and stays on until you turn the headlights off. Just like it would if the truck was off. While I am driving, it does try to cut out a little. Mind you I only drove it a few blocks since changing out the switch because it started doing all this.
I was already having issues with the truck getting to hot recently to. The thermostat, and radiator have been replaced. Then I replaced the ignition switch on Christmas. Days later, it started getting hot, would run completly out of fluid. Now I am having to fill it up with water 1-2 times a day. I don't know where it is coming out at.
I should also add that when replacing the turn signal switch, I took a shortcut, by cutting and splicing the wire, where I would'nt have to take the dash and steering wheel apart.
I have checked the battery, cables, fuses, fuse components under dash, and everything is good. So, I got on the computer and found this site hoping that someone could help me with this issue. Thank you. I appreciate any help anyone can give me.

Last edited by ZackP; January 9th, 2013 at 9:06 PM. Reason: Added last sentence