Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Turn Signal Sound and Chime Level - ZX help

Search this Thread

Old November 13th, 2006, 8:45 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Turn Signal Sound and Chime Level - ZX help

In my prvious post I mentioned that I had a problem with my cd-changer and the rear windows trim pieces. The cd-changer was replaced at the dealer as well as the trim pieces. Before that happened, I noticed that when the radio was out that the turn signal sound was silent and that my backup sensors were not working. I figured the sensors were due to the radio since they emit a sound when encountering an obstacle. Well now that the radio was repalced the chime and turn signal sounds are real loud. I tried to adjust the chime volume by using the DIC as stated in the manual. There are only 2 options: normal or loud. normal is too loud and loud sounds about the same as normal.

Is there anything I can do to lower the chime level in addition to adjusting the setting as the manual states?
Does the turn signal sound work also with the radio? If so, it there a way that it can be made to sound less loud?

P.S. when I say chime, this is the sound that is made to remind you to put on your seat belt. So, in summary, the turn signal is loud, the back sensors alert tone is loud, and the chime is also loud.

Any help would be appreciated,
Old November 13th, 2006, 8:53 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 2007 Turn Signal Sound and Chime Level - ZX help

We know of the problem and are working on the solution; my wife's Tahoe suffers from a similar malady.
The other problem is non existent turn signal audio feedback and both of these problems are related.
Hang in there, help is on the way soon I promise.