Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

'Best' OBDII software?

Search this Thread

Old September 30th, 2013, 9:24 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 'Best' OBDII software?

Hi All,

I'm new to the forums, and have just recently (like 3 days ago) acquired a 2007 Suburban LT3, 4WD 5.3. Love the truck, but as it is 'used' and doesn't have any warrantee, and I do all my own work, I'm really wondering what decent diagnostic software is for GM's.

Example: I do quite a bit with Audi and VW stuff, so have a cable and software called 'VCDS' by Ross-Tech, which does much of what VW's 'factory' software does.

I'm looking for something similar for GM - with the same level of details. The VCDS package can read the engine, body, airbag, ABS, etc. Basically, if it is in the car, it can read it, and you can get details and reset as needed.

So, what's out there for newer GM's?

-Darryl
Old September 30th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

I have not used this one yet, but am kicking around the idea of getting the tool with its basic watered down OS just to check it out... they have add-on software that goes further into the GM diags, but much like yourself I am waiting to here some reviews.... maybe I will just have to make that plunge

Oops forgot to add the link http://www.scantool.net/
Old September 30th, 2013, 1:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Cobalt 2006 OBDII Codes

I'm new to this group so not sure how to get a question noticed.

I'm having trouble with a Cobalt that stutters and has no power when it is hot. OK when cold. OBDII codes P0002,3,8,& 0300. Please help, details in the Older models/Cobalt forum

Larry
Old September 30th, 2013, 2:47 PM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry_too
I'm new to this group so not sure how to get a question noticed.

I'm having trouble with a Cobalt that stutters and has no power when it is hot. OK when cold. OBDII codes P0002,3,8,& 0300. Please help, details in the Older models/Cobalt forum

Larry
Welcome to the forum
Have you checked the fuel pressure?
You may also want to having the fuel injection system cleaned...its also possible that if you have too much fuel going into the system that the catalyst could be causing poor performance...
with so many codes... I would write them down as you have, clear them and start with the first code that comes back... Im just spit balling ideas without knowing what you have already done... I'll try and go check out your post int eh cobalt section so we can keep this threat on track with OBD software