Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Blown radiator hose 79 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old May 17th, 2019, 9:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blown radiator hose 79 Camaro

Hi guys blew my lower radiator hose on my 79 Camaro 383 stroker. Didn't notice until after 4 minutes of driving my gauge was at 220+. I shut car off immediately and let sit with electric fan on and hood up! I filled with coolant after an hour of cooling off and fixed the hose with new hose. I filled with new coolant and everything seemed fine after restarting engine. I checked oil and it looks good. I also checked coolant no oil or bubbles. Compression test and leak down test are next and re-torque the heads, but do you guys think I could have caused catastrophic damage or is it ok? have you guys gotten away with a over heat situation and been ok?
Old May 22nd, 2019, 6:34 PM
I'm here for the party

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

if the compression test/leakdown check out then only time will tell. i wouldnt even bother with testing anything, just refill with fluids and test drive her and see what she does. after you start filling it keep an eye on any bubbles coming from the rad. some bubbles are excepted as air is just moving around.