Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Brake question

Search this Thread

Old July 17th, 2006, 11:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake question

Picked up an old truck (51 Ford) that has had the running gear (engine/tranny), wire harness, steering wheel and other things from a 1983 Camero put in it. It was 'rigged' and I am trying to straighten out the bugs. The master cylinder, brake booster and porportional valve were all used from the Camero. Unfortunately, the truck does not have front disc brakes. All are drums, cann't I disregard thje porportional valve and run the brake lines from the master cylinder directly to the front and rear brakes? using the large resovior for the rear breaks and smaller one for the front brakes?
Old July 18th, 2006, 2:49 PM
CF Senior Member

Default RE: Brake question

i would think that if you did that you would want to use the bigger resivoir for the front since most of the power goes to the front brakes (70% i think) so you would want the most fluid for the front. just a thought.
Old July 18th, 2006, 3:10 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Brake question

Thanks, looking at putting an adjustable valve on the rear drums. I was told when you run disc's you want the larger one due to increase in oil cavity, didn't know it mattered when all were drums. Thanks again. Still kinda new at some of this stuff.