Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Built chevy 350 value??

Search this Thread

Old August 23rd, 2011, 10:58 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Built chevy 350 value??

hey guys,

How much would a well-built 350 sell for?

by well-built I mean torn down, machined +30/+40, honed, hot tanked, decked, new cam/rod/main bearings, crank ground/micropolished, new pistons & rings, new cam/lifters, new pushrods & aluminum roller rockers and either new heads or rebuilt/machined heads, new valve covers, all new gaskets, new timing chain & cover, etc. possibly new intake? but no carb

My uncle has rebuilt several engines and told me he got $3500 for a 327 and $3700 for a 350..

The machine work would be done by a local NAPA, but the assembly/disassembly would be done by me
Old August 28th, 2011, 4:51 PM
Banned

Not to rain on your parade,but there are huge companies flooding the market already that have a much lower parts costs because they buy so many more parts than you would and do their own machining.Also to just say a rebuild and a selling price isn't enough.Your uncle's two engines could have been one hell of a buy where they sold for less than anyone could build them equals your uncle lost money on them.Now if it is a matter of a customer you have that wants to pay you labor for the work you would be doing,that is a whole different matter for you to make money.
Old September 7th, 2011, 2:17 PM
CF Beginner

how about a rebuilt engine back to originality. I called up my uncle and thats what he has done with all the engines he sold in the past... rebuilt them to stock. It seems that people will pay more for originality

he sold a 67 327 and 68 350 both for around $3500